On June 5, 2013, at the premises of the Federal Service of Intellectual Property (Rospatent), the First Meeting of the Steering Committee of the joint Rospatent - OHIM project “Modernization of the IPR system in the Russian Federation”, set up in the beginning of 2013 within the EU-Russia initiative “Partnership for Modernization”, was held.
The Project is financed by the European Union and aimed at the alignment of Russian and EU trademark and designs regulations, standardization and codification of examination processes, modernisation of quality and automation processes for prosecution of the trademark and design applications, improvement of accessibility to information on Russian trademarks and industrial designs.
The project consists of the following five components:
- Legal comparison of Russian and EU Trade mark and Design legislation;
- Trademark and Design Examination Guidelines;
- Quality management and IT processes for trademark and design prosecution;
- Modernisation and alignment of appeal procedures (trademarks and designs);
- Integration of Trade Mark and Design data in publicly accessible web based databases.
During the Meeting the participants, who represented Rospatent, FIPS, EU Delegation to Russia and OHIM, resumed on the results of the preliminary period of the project and discussed further activities on its realization within the above mentioned components.
International Cooperation Department